Friday, October 25, 2019

It's not only about "the book"

It's also, and "mainly", about connections: that's what I was thinking & feeling last week
while leaving Lynn Valley Library after our group discussion on "The Afrikaner." This is also what happened at the end of our group discussion at Dunbar Public Library one week earlier. I love connecting with people through the pages of a book (mine or someone's else). I love when people say things such as, "It was as though Zoe [the Afrikaner's main character] were talking directly to me." This is exactly what I have experienced with the books that I have loved: the feeling that somehow, through a story, through a well-developed character, the author has been able to make a connection with my inner self – both at an intellectual and emotional level. In the future, I hope to meet many more readers willing to engage with Zoe's world inside the pages of the Afrikaner but also outside, in the physical world of human relationships. Bridging that gap between the imaginary and the real is the most rewarding experience – at least for me. hashtagtheafrikanerbook hashtagtheafrikanernovel hashtagbooks hashtagrelationships

No comments:

"The Afrikaner" shortlisted "Best Fiction 2020" by Miramichi Reader

Arianna Dagnino's THE AFRIKANER shortlisted for 'BEST BOOK' by Miramichi Reader. “Best Fiction” is the most popular categor...